Source is intake on Horse Creek and well near Industrial Park. Maximum Daily Capacity is 230,000 GPD. Peak load is 155,000 GPD. Storage is 500,000 gallons in one ground storage tank. Well can produce 150,000 GPD. Charges: Inside city limits are $35 deposit plus $12/month for the first 3,000 gallons and $1.85 for each additional 1,000 gallons. Outside city limits are $20/month for the first 3,000 and $2.85 for each additional 1,000 gallons.
The following shows the cost breakdown for the sewer rates for Columbus, N.C.:
Residential Inside Water Â $16.65 $2.43 per 1000 gallons thereafter
- Residential Inside Sewer $24.10 $3.62 per 1000 gallons thereafter
- Residential Outside Water $32.17 $4.84 per 1000 gallons thereafter
- Residential Outside Sewer $46.82 $7.08 per 1000 gallons thereafter
- Commercial Inside Water $26.99 $2.43 per 1000 gallons thereafter
- Commercial Inside Sewer $39.20 $3.62 per 1000 gallons thereafter
- Commercial Outside Water $52.86 $4.84 per 1000 gallons thereafter
- Commercial Outside Sewer $75.68 $7.08 per 1000 gallons thereafter
- Saluda/Tryon Line Fee $3.40 All customers
- Garbage Fee $12.00 Inside Residential
* Residential water and sewer rates are based on a 3,000-gallon minimum. Commercial water and sewer rates are based on a 5,000-gallon minimum. â€˜Insideâ€™ means inside the city limits.
Source is 8″ main supplying water from the City of Hendersonville.
The following shows the cost breakdown for the water/sewer rates for Saluda, N.C.
- Inside Water Base $20.00 $5.62 per 1000 gallons thereafter
- Outside Water Base $37.30 $6.69 per 1000 gallons thereafter
- Inside Sewer Base $20.00 $5.62 per 1000 gallons thereafter
- Outside Sewer Base $37.30 $6.69 per 1000 gallons thereafter
- Commercial Sewer Rate- $8.43 per 1,000 gallons
- Residential Garbage Rate $16.20
- Business 1X Garbage Rate $20.70
- WATER/SEWER USER FEE $3.50 PER ACCOUNT
Sources are Big Fall Creek, Colt Creek, Fork Creek and Lake Lanier. Maximum Daily Capacity is 1,275,000 GPD. Average peak load is 500,000 GPD. There are 1,250,000 gallons in elevated and ground storage. The charge for the first 1,000 gallons is $14.71 and $3.92 for each additional 1,000 gallons. Outside City limits $32.30 for the first 1,000 gallons and $11.76 for each additional 1,000 gallons.
Spartanburg Water Systems: 1-877-797-7773, 200 Commerce Street, Spartanburg, SC
Public Service Company of North Carolina, Inc.
Toll free 1-877-776-2427
Provides power for Columbus and Tryon
Freeman Gas Company: 864-457-2246, Landrum (propane only)
Prince Oil Company: 864-457-2490, Landrum (oil for furnaces only)
Greer Commission of Public Works: 864-457-4220, 301 McCall St., Greer, SC. (natural gas)
Duke Power Company: 1-800-777-9898, Tryon, Columbus, Saluda, Landrum
Rutherford Electric Membership Cooperative: 1-800-521-0920, Northeastern portion of county
Broad River Electric Cooperative: 864-582-8247, Southeastern tip of county
Windstream: 1-800-501-1754, Landrum, Tryon, Columbus, Central Polk County
Bellsouth: 877-780-2355 (toll free), Northeast area of Polk County
TDS Telecom: 828-749-9090, Saluda area
Windstream: DSL 1-866-255-8356, Landrum, Tryon, Columbus, Central Polk County. Website: www.windstream.net
Pangaea: 828-859-3072, Polk and Rutherford Counties. Website: www.pangaea.us
Charter Pipeline (Charter): 828-859-9295 in locations where cable TV is available, Website: www.charter.com
SkyRunner (NewEraCom): 1-828-258-8562, requires unobstructed line of sight to Tryon Peak, Website: www.skyrunner.net
Starband (EchoStar): 1-800-478-2722 or 863-2320 in any location that can receive Dish Network television, www.starband.com
Hughes Net: 1-866-819-0170 in any location that can receive DirecTV, Website: www.hughesnet.com
Local ISPs not requiring a long-distance call to connect. In N.C, phones beginning with 859, 894, 863. In S.C., phones beginning with 457.
Windstream: 1-800-925-5835, Website: www.windstream.net
TDS Telecom: 749-9090 or 1-800-358-3648, Website: www.tdstelecom.com (provides innovative Voice, Internet, and entertainment services to rural and suburban communities nationwide as well as leading-edge business technology).
AT&T: 1-888-321-2375, Website: www.att.com